HIGHER STANDARDS FOR COLLEGE-BOUND STUDENTS
Cambrian Academy students have been accepted to MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford, USC, Emory, UC Santa Cruz, U Penn, Rutgers, Temple, Penn State, UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Davis, Suffolk, San Jose State, UC San Diego, Hofstra, St. John's, Pepperdine, UOP, James Madison, Drexel, UC Santa Barbara, UC Merced, Furman University, Clark University, University of Hawaii, UC Riverside, University of Oregon, Oregon State, SUNY, Pomona, Pitzer, George Mason, Georgetown, UNLV, Arizona State, George Washington, UNC (Charlotte and Chapel Hill), Barry, University of Washington, Northern Arizona University, Hawaii Pacific University, Michigan, Colorado State, and many others.
Because students learn at different speeds, Cambrian Academy provides a special program for middle school high achievers. Students who are receiving high grades in middle school, and who have a track record of 90th percentile scores on standardized tests, may qualify for special admission. These students may complete the basic middle school requirements at an accelerated pace--and begin high school courses as soon as they are ready.[...]
Are you one of the many who have been asking for a non-religious private high school in the Bay Area? Are you having trouble finding a college prep school that really does college prep? Cambrian Academy provides a college going culture, small class sizes, an incredible faculty, a variety of AP classes and more. [...]
Our highly versatile faculty can accommodate Korean, French, Spanish, and Arabic languages. Our Broadband ESL program is focused on mainstreaming our international students within one year of admission. After mainstreaming, international students continue to receive support from our foreign language experts, delivering the best of both worlds in academic and cultural education--preparing 21st century students to successfully compete in a global economy. [...]
I have a son that graduated from Cambrian Academy, and we were both very happy with the staff and the loving environment he experienced. The school had great students that are eager to learn and the teachers would even stay after class to help my son whenever needed. |
Mr. Delgado has worked so hard to make this school the best it can be. Having a school that has a smaller class of students was great for my son to get the education he needed.
My son loved the movie nights, bowling days and fun field trips. His graduation ceremony was amazing and everyone was so loving and kind and worked very hard to make it a special day for all the graduates.
We are forever grateful for Cambrian Academy and the teachers that did such an awesome job at preparing my son for college I feel like "you get what you pay for" and Cambrian Academy is worth every penny!
My son has been attending this school for about a year and it is the only school that I know of (and I have toured schools all the way from Hillsborough to Santa Cruz) that satisfies all the criteria of being an exceptional school. To name a few:
1. Wonderful passionate teachers
2. Small class size
3. Ability grouping
4. Real differentiation and to top all this - school officials who willingly work with parents! They are caring and willing to do whatever is needed for the child to succeed. This school not only allowed my son to work at his level but also encouraged him to explore new things - like drama and art!
This school is forging new pathways in education.
I highly recommend this school.
My daughter has been attending Cambrian Academy for the last 18 months. Here are just a few of the many reasons we believe it is the best school in the area.
1) The teachers are incredibly dedicated. Many of them voluntarily and cheerfully give my child extra help during their lunch breaks and after school. They love to teach and it shows in their preparation of subject matter, and enthusiasm.
2) The class sizes are small. My daughter is taking Spanish 3 with one other student. A 2:1 ratio! The average is approximately 10 per class. Students do not sit at individual desks and listen to a lecture given at the front of the class. They sit around a conference table so everyone is fully engaged in the discussions.
3) The administration cares about meeting the needs of every student. Because of the school size. It is able to help nurture each person's strengths while addressing their weaknesses.
4) Students are placed according to ability, not age. This has resulted in some being accelerated by 4 or 5 grades. I no longer worry whether my daughter is being sufficiently challenged in the classroom.
5) Communication from administration and teachers is superb. I cannot recall when my questions or the issues raised went more than a day without a response or resolution. My child's grades, attendance and homework are all accessible online.
Just a few clicks of the mouse and I can view her progress or contact her teachers.
My child attends Cambrian Academy. This school is small and offers a supportive, close community. The teachers are just fantastic. They are passionate, dedicated and masters of their subject area. Class size is small, leading to one on one attention and an individuated curriculum. A variety of AP subjects, dedicated college prep classes, choir, band, drama, tennis, golf are just some of the great features of this school.
The founder is easy to communicate with and has always addressed my questions and allowed us to make our child thrive in this environment.
I would especially recommend this school for gifted kids. They would be really challenged! A school guaranteed to let your child get into the college of his/her choice.
One other thing that I love about this school, there is no bullying, mean behavior that seems common in other middle/high schools!
I just wanted to let you know that Sam is happier than he has EVER been about school. It's so great to see him excited about going to school and engaged in doing his best. Honestly, this is something we haven't had the pleasure of seeing since maybe second grade.
My nephew started not long ago at Cambrian Academy. So far, I am fully satisfied with this school. Simply put:
1. Great small size class
2. Personalized academic plan
3. Dedicated teachers willing to spend time with students, lots of time
4. Dedicated teachers willing to spend time with parents and provide great feedback
5. An administrative staff that constantly look for ways to improve and grow the school
6. A mixture of US and international students, benefiting kids from both backgrounds and preparing them for future careers that are inevitably diverse and global
7. Focused on college preparedness
8. Closely connected with local community
9. Very nice student body, no bullying, totally friendly
10. AP offering are growing every school year
If you are reading this review and intend to find out more, I suggest you to call and discuss with the school staff. I did it, and made a decision to attend this school vs. some other options in the South Bay. I am glad it is a good decision.
Need more? Give us a call.